Saturday, February 13, 2010

No stabbing with your chopsticks! (not your food or your brother)









I read somewhere that eating with chopsticks promotes harmony and peace because of the slow gentle way you pick up bits of food, not like the aggressive action of stabbing with a fork.
Really, I'm not making this up.
Oh, now I remember, I read that on the back of the packaging of a pair of chopsticks.
Yup, I bought them.
For Christmas, we gave Josiah and Levi each a pair of training chopsticks with neat little finger loops and fun faces on them. Levi loves his bunny chopsticks, but Josiah quickly showed us that he didn't need them, because he can use the regular ones!
They are not, however, making our mealtimes any more peaceful!

3 comments:

  1. Can you send me some training chopsticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, it's amazing how quickly these young ones can pick up on things! We could use those 'training chopsticks' well I could Gary does pretty well. Such fun! Looks like everyone is adapting. Blessings, Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those boys! I'm so glad they are learning to eat with chopsticks. I should get Isaac a set...next time I'm in Chinatown! Hey, it looks like we're moving back to Northern Virginia. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete