Sunday, September 20, 2009

Drivers beware....

If you find yourself driving in Japan in the near future please beware: Ammin is now "legal" to drive on the roadways and has been doing so within the confines of the base for two whole days. So far he's only tried to drive on the right-hand side of the road a handful of times, but hey, those bicyclists should be looking out anyway. The first major terror to hit the shores of Japan was Godzilla. The second was Ammin behind the wheel of a car.

In retrospect, had I spent some time as a rural mail carrier I (Ammin) would have been more prepared for sitting on the left side of a car. FORTUNATELY, the only major items that are reversed are the gear shifter and the blinker and wiper switches (gas pedal and brake are the same configuration). I've only washed my windows one time in an attempt to signal a turn. Thankfully it hasn't rained yet while driving otherwise I'd REALLY be confused.

Sarah's up next. She'll be getting her official driver's license tomorrow as well.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the milestone. Please keep posting. IT's great to be able to keep up with your adventure.

    ReplyDelete