Friday, September 18, 2009

We have been to Japan!

Wednesday night we were finally able to venture off the base for the first time. We walked out the front gate, probably less than 1 km, and found a little...restaurant I guess you could say. It was approximately the size of a walk-in closet and had about 8 bar stools along a counter. Our family alone took up about half the restaurant. There were no other Americans in the establishment so it must have been a local favorite. The food was very good so our first outing was a success!

The next big event was Sarah and I passing our Japanese driving tests! Obtaining these drivers licenses is the first big step to establish more freedom for us. We were very excited about this, especially passing the tests so early. Next step is buying a car to fit our family. Thankfully, mini-vans are relatively popular here. They're a little smaller than those found in the states, but still fairly comparable. Now, the hard part is getting used to driving on the left side of the road! So if you're driving in Japan anytime soon you better look out! I am riding a bicycle around base so its good practice until I get behind the wheel of a gasoline powered vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment