Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Growing Up

I have to take a deep breath as I start to type this...

Today was Josiah's first day of school. He's attending a Japanese kindergarten called Minami Yochien. He had a great day today; when I picked him up, his only complaint was "why didn't I get to ride the bus?" so I guess he's ready to take the bus tomorrow. It's understandable; he gets to ride a bus that looks like a dalmatian. There is one other American in his class, a little girl named Sarah. The teacher told me (through translator) that they talked all day. Too much probably, I thought. She also said that he used his chopsticks at lunch and that he tried some of everything. I was impressed; I do hope he'll learn to like rice. The school menu today said "rice, omelet, Japanese cookery" (your guess is as good as mine!)
This is not his regular uniform; he doesn't have it yet, but the kids are all wearing their gym outfits because they are practicing for an upcoming sports day.

On Sunday Ammin took the training wheels off of Josiah's bike while I was out getting groceries. Ammin says he did great and rode a little on his own right away, though he's been asking to have his "helper wheels" put back on ever since.


Levi can peddle and steer! He's zooming around on the tricycle.

I was going to say Corban is just growing fast, but the he rolled over tonight for the first time. Back to front, not intentional and he wasn't happy about it, but he did it multiple times.
And I think you've already heard that Ammin got promoted. :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Josiah and Levi! I can't believe Corban has gotten so big! Well, you guys look like you are having a good time learning the ropes in Japan. Let us know if there is anything you guys are craving and cant find. We will ship it on over!

    Congrats to Ammin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you all and love you lots. Next Sunday is our last at Pillar for some time. We are kind of in your shoes right now. We are headed to Mississippi for the first leg of Tim's work. Josiah looks like he is going to enjoy school, Corban looks like quite a handsome fellow, and Levi is as precious as can be. I'm not sure Isaac has had any bike experience, but he can count in 4 languages! Love to you all!!! The Long's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Spencers! This is Karla and Edmond Long! We are so happy to have found your blog through the other Long family's. Congrats to Ammin on his promotion! It looks like ya'll are having so much fun. We should be off to Hawaii in the next few months. We will keep in touch with your through the blog!!

    ReplyDelete