Monday, November 2, 2009

Home Sweet Government Quarters

Hallelujah, there are no more boxes in my living room! True, we just pushed the last of them into the closet, but hey, they fit there.

The house is feeling like home now. I'm even getting used to the awful bathrooms. Ammin and I had a funny conversation recently about our different first impressions of the house. While I was thoroughly depressed about the bathrooms because they: 1. are tiny, 2. have zero storage, 3. have misplaced tiny towel bars, 4. have fully tiled walls that you can't hang anything on, and 5, the best: dim fluorescent lights that makes me look green when I look at myself in the mirror... Even all that is becoming funny to me as I've had to deal with the fact that I'm honestly just maybe more than a little bit spoiled. Anyway, so I was seriously depressed about the bathrooms, and it was a dark cloud over anything else I looked at, but Ammin was downright gleeful, able to overlook almost any fault with the house because everywhere he looked he saw door frames that someone else would repair if they rotted, a roof that could have a dozen holes if it wanted to because someone else would be responsible for fixing it, no rotten garage door, no broken fence boards, no foggy windows, etc., etc., etc.

Front View



Side View



Rear View

Living Room Before


Living Room After #1



Living Room After #2

No comments:

Post a Comment